|World Traditional Wrestling & Pankration Committee
AIMS AND PRINCIPLES
- To contribute to the development and promotion of all forms of traditional wrestling throughout the world.
- To encourage friendly relations between the International, National and Regional Federations, athletes, and officials.
- To supervise the organisation of the international competitions entered in the FILA calendar.
- To see to it that the FILA regulations and requirements are complied with during all international competitions.
- To make sure that the values of sportsmanship are respected in all circumstances.
- To train, improve, and assess international referees and coaches.
- To oppose to any kind of discrimination against a country, a group of people, or a private person on the account of ethnic origin, gender, language, religion, politics or any other reason.
The FILA Constitution provides for the recognition of Federations managing traditional wrestling on the regional, national, or international level. The status of "associated member" confers the right to participate in all FILA sanctioned events and to vote at the World Committee's general assemblies. The associated members are also entitled to attend the FILA Congress as observers with no right of vote.
The modalities of affiliation of the various type of Federations are described in the Internal Regulations of the World Traditional Wrestling Committee.